St Mary’s PTA forms a vital bridge between parents and teachers at the School. The PTA endeavours to:
- establish and maintain channels of communication between parents in both the Junior and Senior Schools through the representation of the Junior and Senior School Convenors, who co-ordinate the activities of the ‘class moms’
- represent the parents on key St Mary’s bodies such as the Board and Foundation
- raise funds for the School and designated school charities
- facilitate community-building events.
PTA members are nominated and elected on an annual basis, with the AGM usually scheduled during January. New nominations for and participation on the PTA committees are welcome.
|Jannine Nolan – Chairperson
||Charmane Russell – Strategic Planning and Marketing
|Franca Boles – Treasurer
||Dino Petrarolo - Golf Day
|Eugenie Protopappas – Secretary
||Pierre Simon - Golf Day Store and Bar
|Angela Mortimer – Senior School Convenor
|Desiree Nimmo – Junior School Convenor
|Dave Bate – Paint the Town Red
|Lesley Campbell – Makro and MySchool cards
|Heather Engelbrecht – Stores and Bar
|Connie Mashaba – Mzanzi Cartridge collection
- MySchool Card is a Woolworths initiative that provides a significant benefit to the School, through a percentage of expenditure being routed back the School. Parents, grandparents and supporters can all contribute to this without any effort on their part by simply showing their MySchool Card at certain suppliers. Get your MySchool card from Sharon San at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mzanzi is a recycling initiative overseen by the PTA. St Mary’s pupils and families are encouraged to recycle used print cartridges.
- St Mary’s Rose was propagated to celebrate the School’s 120th birthday. This has proven to be popular both as a part of St Mary’s School in gardens and as a gift. The rose is a red hybrid tea which produces an abundance of medium to long stemmed, shapely blooms in bright velvet-red. Click here for a picture of the rose. Click here for the Order Form
The PTA is instrumental in organizing a number of exciting and fun-filled activities each year. The Paint the Town Red event caters for both the Junior and Senior School girls early in the year with a day of activities, food and socialising. Click here
Paint the Town Red video - Click Here
We arrange a Meet the Board Cocktail Party in the first term and a superb Golf Day towards the end of the year where a Prizegiving and Auction contribute to the enjoyment of the occasion.
The PTA Golf Day and auction is a fun-filled event for golfers and non-golfers alike and will be held on Friday 5 October this year. Click here for more information. To access the document as a web page, click here.
For more information, please contact us on email@example.com